HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: A LIFE-SPAN VIEW, Fourth Edition provides students with balanced coverage of the entire life span. John C. Cavanaugh’s extensive research in gerontology, combined with Robert V. Kail’s expertise in childhood and adolescence, result in a textbook that presents complete and balanced coverage of all life stages. Utilizing a modified chronological approach, the authors trace development from conception through late life in sequential order, while also dedicating several chapters to important topical issues pertaining to particular points in the life span. This Fourth Edition includes unparalleled technology integration to help students better understand and remember the enormous amount of information covered in this course.
Tag Archives: Human
Known for its clear, straightforward writing style, comprehensive coverage, strong and current research-based approach, and excellent visuals and tables, LIFE-SPAN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT offers sections on four life stages: infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. Each chapter focuses on a domain of development such as physical growth, cognition, or personality, and traces developmental trends and influences in that domain from infancy to old age. This unique, topical organization helps you comprehend the processes of transformation occurring in each key area of human development. The new edition includes a clear focus on the complex interactions of nature and nurture in development, more integrated coverage of culture and diversity, and an exciting new media package for students.
- Life-Span Human Development
- 6th Edition, Hardback
- Sigelman, Rider
Life-Span Human Development
Balanced coverage of the entire life span is just one thing that distinguishes HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: A LIFE-SPAN VIEW, 6TH EDITION. With its comprehensive, succinct, and applied coverage, the text has proven its ability to capture students’ interest while introducing them to the issues, forces, and outcomes that make us who we are. Robert V. Kail’s expertise in childhood and adolescence, combined with John C. Cavanaugh’s extensive research in gerontology, result in a book with a rich description of all life-span stages and important topics. A modified chronological approach traces development in sequential order from conception through late life, while also dedicating several chapters to key topical issues. This organization also allows the book to be relatively briefer than other texts a benefit given the enormous amount of information covered in the course.
Human Development: A Life-Span View
Balanced coverage of the entire life span is just one thing that distinguishes HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: A LIFE-SPAN VIEW, 5TH EDITION. With its comprehensive, succinct, and applied coverage, the text has proven its ability to capture students’ interest while introducing them to the issues, forces, and outcomes that make us who we are. Robert V. Kail’s expertise in childhood and adolescence, combined with John C. Cavanaugh’s extensive research in gerontology, result in a book with a rich description of all life-span stages and important topics. A modified chronological approach traces development in sequential order from conception through late life, while also dedicating several chapters to key topical issues. This organization also allows the book to be relatively briefer than other texts–a benefit given the enormous amount of information covered in the course.
Human Development: A Life-Span View
SPHR Exam Prep
Senior Professional in Human Resources
Dr. Larry Phillips, SPHR
COMPREHENSIVE Succeed with comprehensive learning and practice tests
- Prepare with two comprehensive practice tests
- Analyze your test readiness and identify areas
- for further study with practice questions on each exam topic
- Learn important test-taking strategies to maximize your score and diminish your anxiety
Score Higher on the SPHR Exam!
We provide you with the proven study tools and expert insight that will help you score higher on your exam.
- Focused exercises throughout the chapters reinforce your knowledge of test topics by allowing you to apply what you are learning.
- Practice questions include detailed explanations of the answers—so you can learn the material by understanding why
- an answer is correct.
- Comprehensive discussion of all subject areas covered by the SPHR: Strategic Management, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Total Rewards, Employee and Labor Relations, and Risk Management.
- Two full-length practice tests (one in the book and one on the CD) enable you to time yourself under exam circumstances so you know exactly what to expect on test day and can identify any areas in which you are struggling before you take the real exam.
Written by a Leading SPHR Expert!
Dr. Larry Phillips (SPHR) has extensive experience as a Human Resource Management (HR) manager at both the tactical and strategic level. He has taught numerous PHR/SPHR certification classes under the auspices of the Society for Human Resource Management and is, himself, certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resource Management. He has managed small HR operations as well as large HR organizations. Dr. Phillips is on the faculty of Indiana University South Bend where he teaches graduate and undergraduate human resource classes. He has previously taught courses in training and development at the higher education level. Dr. Phillips publishes frequently in these areas.
CD Features Practice Questions!
The CD features an innovative test engine powered by MeasureUp, giving you an effective tool to assess your readiness for the exam. Key features include:
- Detailed explanations of correct and incorrect answers
- Multiple test modes
- Random questions and order of answers
- Covers all SPHR exam topics
“For many people, this book will remove the mystery that has surrounded this exam for years and also ease a great deal of their anxieties.”
—Haley C. Recio, Director of Human Resources and Administration, Teknovus, Inc.
SPHR Exam Prep: Senior Professional in Human Resources (2nd Edition)
Written by Jeanne Palmer, one of the superstars of HR recruiting and consulting, The Human Resource Professional’s Career Guide is the first ever comprehensive look at the choices, challenges, and rewards of building a life’s work in HR. Whether you are new to the field or you are wondering how to best leverage the value of all your experiences to make the next big career leap, this book gives you all the information you need to know to make smart career decisions. Based on Jeanne Palmer’s 30 years in HR, this book tells you how to
- Acquire the essential qualifications and experience that executive recruiters and search committees look for
- Make the right choices today that will help spell success tomorrow
- Rise above past career missteps
- Ace senior-level job interviews
- Prepare yourself today for a future of opportunities you can’t even imagine
- Be ready when your dream opportunity comes along
The Human Resource Professional’s Career Guide: Building a Position of Strength
HRM is central to management teaching and research, and has emerged in the last decade as a significant field from its earlier roots in Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, and Industrial Psychology. People Management and High Performance teams have become key functions and goals for manager at all levels in organizations.
The Oxford Handbook brings together leading scholars from around the world – and from a range of disciplines – to provide an authoritative account of current trends and developments. The Handbook is divided into four parts:
* Foundations and Frameworks,
* Core Processes and Functions,
* Patterns and Dynamics,
* Measurement and Outcomes.
Overall it will provide an essential resource for anybody who wants to get to grips with current thinking, research, and development on HRM.
About the Series
Oxford Handbooks in Business & Management bring together the world’s leading scholars on the subject to discuss current research and the latest thinking in a range of interrelated topics including Strategy, Organizational Behavior, Public Management, International Business, and many others. Containing completely new essays with extensive referencing to further reading and key ideas, the volumes, in hardback or paperback, serve as both a thorough introduction to a topic and a useful desk reference for scholars and advanced students alike.
The Oxford Handbook of Human Resource Management (Oxford Handbooks)
Psychological theories, complete with tools and methods, for dealing with human resource issues.
Interdisciplinary and research-based in approach, Applied Psychology in Human Resource Management integrates psychological theory with tools and methods for dealing with human resource problems in organizations and for making organizations more effective and more satisfying places to work.
The seventh edition reflects the state of the art in personnel psychology and dramatic changes that have recently characterized the field, and outlines a forward-looking, progressive model toward which HR specialists should aim.
Applied Psychology in Human Resource Management (7th Edition)
The next best thing to hiring a human resources professional
If you need help managing the people side of your small business, you’re in luck! This comprehensive, practical guide supplies everything you need to know to manage human resources effectively and avoid legal hassles:
* Easy-to-follow guidelines for job advertising, interviewing, hiring, setting wages and benefits, and conducting performance reviews.
* Important information on civil rights, affirmative action, and the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
* Guidance on developing workplace policies, dealing with layoffs, managing employees with disabilities, and other sensitive issues.
* Sample documents, including performance review forms, job descriptions, and applications.
* Sample letters and memos for key types of formal communication with employees.
Also available from the Entrepreneur Magazine library:
* The Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Advisor
* The Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Answer Book
* Guide to Integrated Marketing
* Making Money with Your Personal Computer
* Small Business Legal Guide
* Starting an Import/Export Business
* Starting a Home-Based Business
* Successful Advertising for Small Businesses
* Free issue of Entrepreneur Magazine.
* 50% discount on Entrepreneur Magazine subscription.
* 1/2 price admission to any Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Expo.
* Discount on American Entrepreneurs Association membership.
See details and coupons in back of book.
- ISBN13: 9780471149477
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Entrepreneur Magazine: Human Resources for Small Businesses
For Human Resource Management (HRM) and Personnel courses. The #1 best-selling HRM book in the market, Dessler’s Human Resource Management provides a comprehensive review of personnel management concepts and practices in a highly readable form. This edition focuses on the high-performance organization-building better, faster, more competitive organizations through HR; while continuing to offer practical applications that help all managers deal with their personnel-related responsibilities.